Skin Antiseptic Products: Prerequisite for Surgical Procedures and Other Operations
- Skin antiseptic is a substance that inhibits or slows down the growth of microorganisms on skin. These are more commonly used in hospitals and other medical settings to reduce the risk of infection during surgery and other procedures.
- Skin antiseptics have a large number of applications both in and out of medical settings. In both settings, these are applied to either the skin or mucous membranes.
- These products are used for hand washing, cleaning skin before operation, and skin treatment to reduce the risk of infections in minor cuts, burns, and wounds, etc.
- Several skin antiseptic products are being used with different active ingredients; some of these are approved, while some are under strict review due to safety issues
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market
- Rise in prevalence of hospital-acquired infections resulting from lack of sanitation and precaution is a major driver of the global skin antiseptic products market
- According to data provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) account for around 1.7 million infections and 99,000 associated deaths in hospitals in the U.S.
- Increase in use of surgical units and endoscope reprocesses, and surge in number of surgical procedures are the other factors fuelling the growth of the global skin antiseptic products market
- Moreover, higher number of approved products in developed as well as developing countries contribute to the growth of the global skin antiseptic products market
Contamination of Skin Antiseptics to Hamper Market Growth
- Contamination of non-sterile skin antiseptic products could occur after manufacturing or during the manufacturing process. This contamination could lead to harmful effects on skin, which is likely to hamper the growth of the global skin antiseptic products market.
- Side effects such as rashes, swelling, and redness with certain active ingredients in skin antiseptic products is another factor projected to restrain the global market
- Unavailability of approved drugs for apraxia also hampers the growth of the global skin antiseptic products market
Solutions to be Dominant Segment
- In terms of product type, the global skin antiseptic products market can be classified into solutions, swab sticks, and wipes
- The solutions segment accounted for major market share in 2019 owing to easy access to a range of skin antiseptic solutions and rise in demand for solutions in pre-operation in hospitals
Request Customization: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CRrep_id=77184
Octenidine to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on formulation, the global skin antiseptic products market can be categorized into alcohols, iodine, chlorhexidine, octenidine, and others
- The alcohols segment dominated the global market in 2019 due to surge in demand for alcohol base to be used in combination with other formulations and increase in usage of formulation for pre-injection and pre-operative skin preparation
- Octenidine is expected to be a promising segment during the forecast period owing to better safety profile and regulatory restrictions of substitute products in some regions
Injections Segment Accounted for Major Market Share
- In terms of application, the global skin antiseptic products market can be bifurcated into surgeries and injections
- The injections segment dominated the global market in 2019. Increase in use of antiseptic injections in surgeries, particularly in joint surgeries and higher application in wound care.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19rep_id=77184
North America to Lead Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market
- In terms of region, the global skin antiseptic products market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East Africa
- North America dominated the global skin antiseptic products market in 2019 due to increase in number of surgeries, higher number of hospital-acquired infection cases, and higher adoption rate of preventive products in surgeries.
- According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the number of orthopedic surgical procedures increased in the U.S. from 2,740,000 in 2001 to 3,785,000 in 2011, a 38% rise in 10 years.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly lucrative market during the forecast period owing to increase in awareness about hospital-acquired infections, rise in number of sports accidental injuries, and improving health care infrastructure in the region
Key players in Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market
Key players operating in the global skin antiseptic products market are:
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Johnson Johnson
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company (BD)
- Schulke Mayr GmbH
- Sage Products LLC
- Acto Pharma
Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market, by Application
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453