QuickBooks Error PS077 is one of the common errors that a QuickBooks user faces while working on it. This error usually occurs when the user tries to update the QuickBooks payroll update feature. The word PS in the name of the error code stands for payroll service error. Facing an error on any software is easy but the main thing is to understand the main reasons behind the occurrence of the error and what are the methods that you can follow to solve the error. So, in this blog, we are going to provide you with all the necessary information about the QuickBooks Error code PS077.
QuickBooks Error PS077
QuickBooks Error PS077 (Or QuickBooks Error PS032) usually occurs when the users try to download the payroll updates. The error code PS077 occurs with a pop-up display message showing “QuickBooks is facing trouble while downloading payroll updates”.
Whether it is QuickBooks or any other software, an error cannot occur without any proper and valid reason. Let’s have a look at the reasons for QuickBooks Error PS 077.
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error PS077
Understanding the reasons behind the error is very important for you. When you don’t have any idea about why this error occurs, they can’t be able to solve the error. In case, by chance, if you get the error solved, then most probably it will appear again. So, below mentioned are the possible reasons due to why the QuickBooks Error PS077 occurs.
- When the QuickBooks company’s file is damaged or corrupted.
- When there is a mistake in the invoice.
- Using wrong or corrupted tax tables.
- When your QuickBooks payroll subscription has been expired or is inactive.
- Due to a technical problem while performing a payroll update process.
- When your QuickBooks account is not registered.
Also Read : QuickBooks Payroll Service Connection Error
Basic Guide to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS077
Before you start working on the solution method to get the error resolved, we suggest you to remember the following points during the complete solution process.
- First, take a backup of your c company’s important files and data.
- Make sure your QuickBooks user account is active.
- You are using an updated version of the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Check the billing details and make sure that there is no discrepancy.
How to Solve QuickBooks Error PS077?
Once you are cleared with all the necessary information about QuickBooks Error PS077, then let’s have a look at the solutions and procedures that you can follow to solve the QuickBooks Error PS077.
There are various reasons due to why the QuickBooks error PS077 occurs, but it’s very difficult for us to provide you with the give you the exact method that will work for you. That’s why we are listing multiple solutions that you can follow to solve the QuickBooks error PS077.
Solution 1: Disable User Account Control Settings
Sometimes, User Account Control (UAC) can affect the operation of QuickBooks and will further disable the QuickBooks to update the payroll feature. So, here are the steps that you can follow to turn off or disable the user account control on Windows.
- First of all, press the Windows button on your keyboard and go to the control panel.
- Then on the control panel, enter UAC in the search box and then hit the enter button.
- Now, search there for the “User Account Settings” and then click on that.
- Then click on the “Yes” option and disable the user account control by shifting the slider to the Never notify option.
- At last, provide your user admin details and launch the QuickBooks application again.
After that, try to download the payroll update again and if the error still exists, then shift on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update the QuickBooks to the Latest Available Version
Sometimes, updating software can even lead to the solution of the problem. So, here are the steps that you can follow to update the QuickBooks to the latest available version.
- First of all, open the QuickBooks desktop application and then go to the help menu.
- After that, click on the “Update QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- After that, click on the “Update Now” option and then click on the “Get Updates” button.
- Now, allow the asked permissions and then the downloading process will start automatically.
- Once the update will be downloaded, then force close the QuickBooks application and then launch it again.
After you have updated the QuickBooks to the latest available version, then try to download the payroll update and check if the QuickBooks Error PS077 has been resolved or not.
Solution 3: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop Application
Below mentioned are the steps that you can follow to repair the QuickBooks desktop application.
- At first, restart your PC, and then press the Windows button on your Keyboard.
- Then, go to the start menu and then search and click on the “Control Panel” option.
- After that, select the “Programs and Features” option and then select the QuickBooks application under the application list.
- Move ahead by clicking on the “Uninstall or change” option and then select the “Remove QuickBooks” option.
- Then click on the “Repair” option and then click on “Next” option.
- Wait for a few moments till the repair process gets completed.
Once you have repaired your QuickBooks application, restart your PC and launch the application again to check if the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 4: Re-install the QuickBooks Application through Clean Install Tool
To re-install the QuickBooks application through the Clean install tool, below mentioned are the steps that you can perform to get it done.
- First, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of QuickBooks.
- Then open the QuickBooks tool hub and select the installation issues which you are facing.
- After that, select the Clean Install tool and click on the “OK” button.
- Move ahead by selecting the QuickBooks version that you are using and then click on the “Continue” button.
- Then, a new window will be open which will display a pop-up message showing “Please Install the copy of QuickBooks to the default location”.
- At last, click on the “OK” option.
As soon as the clean install tool ends, then reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop Application and at this stage, the QuickBooks Error PS077 will be resolved.
In this blog, we have attempted our best to provide you with all the relevant information about the QuickBooks Error PS077. You can easily follow the above-mentioned steps to get the error resolved and in case, if you face any issue while performing any of the methods, then feel free to reach out to us through the help section. Our experienced customer care team will be available to assist you better.